Thursday, August 29, 2019

Jane &the Leprechaun ©2019TonyFallon0828


Jane &the Leprechaun ©2019TonyFallon0828

They say if there's a rainbow just one hour after dawn
That's the best time of the day to catch a leprechaun
They can't all be bachelors to women thy must be linked
Cause if they did not couple up they soon would be extinct
There was a local rumor concerning a lovely daughter
I followed every rainbow I saw as daily I sought her
The rumor said they both lived in a fort in Glocca Morrow
Surrounded by a black bird some thrushes and a sparrow

Well I'm an early riser I've seen a leprechaun I confess
I now have a beauty who may be a leprechaun princess
They say they are smart and wily fellows not easy to confuse
As they sit at the end of a rainbow fixing each other’s shoes
They have been Irish residents so long they are full of wisdom
And the fort they rule over without question is their kingdom
'Tis said they are weakest when sitting beneath Finian's rainbow
That's when they can easily lose their pot of gold and they know

I crept between the furze looking for the mysterious elf
I could hear his hammer tapping but he was not there by himself
Who was the lovely lassie seated with him I bravely inquired
I did not want his pot of gold it was his daughter's hand I required
I made a necklace out of shamrock which she did not decline
According to tradition if she wore it she was forever mine
Maybe you won't believe this story of how I met my sweet Jane
But since I met her I'm on my toes and life is not mundane

No comments:

Post a Comment