Saturday, August 17, 2019

The First Day©2019TonyFallon0813

The First Day©2019TonyFallon0813
The first day I met you I knew I had found a girl with brains
I had nothing to impress you with like fancy cars or planes
I did not have a fancy boat to take you sailing on the strait
Or a fancy home, coop or condo in Florida’s Sunshine State
On a motor bike I almost got killed when I was seventeen
So I would not be trying to impress you on that kind of machine
I’m a mellow kind of fellow I doubt if women consider me a catch
I’m certainly not flashy my tie and socks may not always match
In most forms of discussions I’m neither boisterous nor loud
Very few who would accuse me of standing out in any crowd?
I understand your friends had been impressed with my poetic verse
And how I’m rarely vulgar in my poetry and that I rarely curse
So many years my junior to ask you out took a whole lot of pluck
When you agreed to my request I couldn’t believe my luck
We have been together three months now it cannot be a dream
And you are forever and a day enshrined in my highest esteem
Cupid is out with his bow and arrow it doesn’t matter what season
He hunted me down regardless of age and shot me for good reason
I spend the whole day waiting for a hug and your loving glance
Time has gone by so quickly I hope this is not a summer romance
I often worry so much about what would happen to me
If you find a man more suitable beneath your Christmas tree?


No comments:

Post a Comment