Friday, August 2, 2019

Seperated©2019TonyFallon0802


Seperated©2019TonyFallon0802

When she sits on the rocky coast I bet she thinks of me

When she sees the boats come home from the angry sea

She looks out over the ocean when saving the oats and hay

She claims she prays for my safe return every single day



From early school days that we’d be together that was elementary

Everybody knew in the parish we’d be wed in the new century

We walked with neighbors to school through many a flooded farm

Everybody knew they’d answer to me if they wished her any harm



To secondary we rode together both with a second hand bike

And cycled to a nearby lake on Sundays to fish for perch and pike

For me to make a bit of money in America was our master plan

She swore on her Sunday Missal she’d never look at another man



We both knew it would be hard to be fishing without a decent trawler

So the answer was construction in New York to make a decent dollar

Along with the construction I work most weekends as a bartender

I know she’ll take good care of all the extra money I send her


No comments:

Post a Comment