Monday, August 19, 2019

The Empty Station©2019TonyFallon0820


The Empty Station©2019TonyFallon0820


One last look in the mirror to straighten out my hair
The long, long ones were used to cover spots that were bare
To get to the train station I then had to walk fast
Because the train would be leaving at a quarter past
As I approached the station I counted out the fare 
When I got to the platform no train was waiting there
The emptiness in my heart and stomach felt so vast
No more trains were coming that night I had missed the last

I dialed her mobile number to explain to my Jane
That because of dallying I had missed the last train
She was so understanding said she'd put on the tea
And said she'd drive me to the late train from Albany
She is such a real sweetheart not once did she complain
She's always encouraging me alas it is in vain 
I'm glad I've met her she took me out of isolation
I'd be lost without her that night in the empty station.

No comments:

Post a Comment