Thursday, April 21, 2022

AngelSaints©️2022TonyFallon0421

 AngelSaints©️2022TonyFallon0421


When I grew up there were many prayers for blessings and hope

And collection plates for local priests the bishop and the Pope

I did not believe in angels I did not believe in saints

I prayed often to them both but they never fixed my complaints

I lead a clean life I'm not often accused of mortal sin

But every night I am down on my knees praying once agin'

I often remember praying nightly on cold hard cement

We'd never miss a single night in the forty days of lent

To the many saints of Ireland prayers would be devoted

The evil works of the devil would also be denoted

You'd think after all these years prayers would have been analyzed

And I'd have earned heaven as I had prayed since being baptized

One could pray forever without entrance to the heaven's guild

Or without being informed your quota was already filled

But then I met you and you have the gall and audacity

To overload my heart and brain far beyond capacity

The holy ones up above have now recently responded

With the formal heaven's blessing our hearts and souls are bonded

©️All rights reserved. Reproduction or duplication without 

permission of the author is prohibited 

No comments:

Post a Comment