Monday, April 25, 2022

NoGuinness©️2022TonyFallon0425

 NoGuinness©️2022TonyFallon0425


I was given Guinness at eight years which was unlawful

I did not drink the whole glass because it tasted awful

From that day on I never drank any more black porter

Even when I worked as an adult with bricks and mortar


My mother would encourage me to have a glass of wine

Especially if my girl friend and I went out to dine

Her own favorite glass of liquid was Sandyman port

In the parlor breakfront she always had an extra quart


Often after football while other players drank brandy

I would quench my thirst with plain water and a mixed shandy

With so little beer in the mix I don't think that it counts

And I certainly was not drinking it in large amounts


On the jet plane to The Big Apple to myself I swore

That I was finished with alcohol and I'd drink no more

There would be no more whisky no more wine or any beer

So for more than fifty years now I've been a Pioneer


So when I see police flashing lights never am I scared

I haven't been drinking alcohol so I am not impaired

Now when the trooper stops me I don't have to walk the line

Or have to go to court and face a suspension and fine


©️All rights reserved. Reproduction or duplication 

without permission of the author is prohibited 

No comments:

Post a Comment