Monday, April 11, 2022

TheBench©2022TonyFallon0408

 TheBench©2022TonyFallon0408


I saw you girl last Saturday night you looked so forlorn

Sitting all alone by the swollen river on the bench

It was way after midnight maybe two in the morn

It was foggy and the river had a fishy stench


I was worried lest the muggers would soon be about

So I sat on the other side prepared to be gallant

It would take time to cross the nearest bridge but I could shout

At least scare them away in an effort to be valiant


I could almost see page one pictures in the local press

Angel in disguise forces the morning muggers to flee

Local hero saves the defenseless damsel in distress

Many more pictures and the whole story on page three


But I was not the guardian for soon I reposed

The church Angelus bells pealing told me it was dawn

I had been in dreamland for hours for I'm afraid I dozed

You bench was completely empty alas you were long gone

No comments:

Post a Comment