Saturday, June 23, 2018

Flying © Tony Fallon 062018

Flying © Tony Fallon 062018

I checked "I have nothing taxable to declare"
As I filled out the port of entry questionnaire
I was as sick as a dog from all the motion
Ten thousand feet above the Atlantic Ocean
This was my first my only and last airline trip
Next time like Big Tom used to do I'll take the ship
I don't like airplanes and I do not like their food
Whether the meals are boiled or baked or even stewed
I don't know where they keep the food or it is stored
Out of the oven everything tastes like cardboard
It was as bad going over as coming back
After arriving I got a bathroom attack
They said if I'd fly again I'd be in first class
To get me on again will require laughing gas
Then to top it they also lost two of my bags
Even though I had my surname on both the tags
Today they say my bags were found in Montreal
But I have no clean underwear in Donegal.
When I got back to Donegal I kissed the grass
If they think I'm going up again they can kiss something else



No comments:

Post a Comment