Thursday, June 7, 2018

The Park © Tony Fallon 060718

The Park © Tony Fallon 060718

I went into the Park this evening I thought I would be glad
But when I thought about you again suddenly I was sad
I repeated your name out loud as sad tears rolled down my face
As I retraced our steps once more in our very special place
I had stayed away for two long years to get over the loss
But memories came back as the meadow I started to cross
Your lovely smile the hearty laugh things I fondly remember
Reading poetry on that long ago day in September
Remember the time we took pictures of the swans in the pond
We were very like that couple of swans with our special bond
An owl was now somewhere in the trees constantly asking who?
I've been in there so often before I thought he surely knew
I sat there on our own wooden bench and sadly reminisced
And I prayed I'd see you happily walking out of the mist


No comments:

Post a Comment