Tuesday, June 5, 2018

The other Hands © Tony Fallon060518

The other Hands © Tony Fallon060518

While on a walk I met a girl the other night
On a lonely mountain dirt road all dressed in white
She asked softly if she could be my companion
Until we had passed by the upcoming canyon
She said she considered this lone place unholy
And she never ever walked by there just slowly
She commented on the cold weather for mid June
And how the dark clouds were still covering the moon
She said it felt like a long ago Halloween
She had first walked this road when she was just eighteen
She said she was scared would I hold onto her hand
It was not a question but more of a command
The area was suddenly covered with fog
And from the other side appeared a snarling dog
It felt like many snakes were crawling down my spine
Somehow I did not have the boldness to decline
Was I being led directly to my demise?
Nobody would ever hear my desperate cries
She held out her hand and it felt as cold as clay
I suddenly saw the face it was old and grey
For the clouds had parted allowing some moonlight
I realized there could be no wild thought of flight
With no nose, eyes or ears this thing looked hideous
I surmised her plan for me was insidious
Suddenly a truck was coming in slow progress
When I looked there was a dog collar and a dress
The driver asked if I knew of some local lore
Of the terrible things that happened here before
That every ten years in June a she ghost appears
Kills a man and takes away his heart,hands and ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment