Monday, June 25, 2018

In the Shadows © Tony Fallon 062518

In the Shadows © Tony Fallon 062518

I’m not finished with the shadow although I thought I was
When I get home at night instead of entering I often pause
In case there is anybody hiding in the shadows
I’ve pulled up all the weeds and cut back the shrubs
I’ve cut all the branches off the trees now they are only stubs
So if anybody tries to hide they will be exposed
They went in the window last week because the door was closed.
I’ve often heard the expression fight and flight
That’s exactly how I felt last week on Saturday night.
I somehow feel like I was personally assaulted
When I’m walking in my driveway I feel almost haunted
There are more lights outside now than in most parking lots
I have LED’s and sodium and many floodlights and spots
So my neighbors can see the crooks hiding in the night
Last week he unscrewed the bulb from the outdoor light.
Inside he unhooked the camera he was very well prepared
That he should know so much certainly has me scared
If I should meet that man again there won’t be much affection

And he better have some decent health insurance protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment