Monday, June 4, 2018

Until © Tony Fallon 060318

Until © Tony Fallon  060318

I thought you’d know I love you by all I do
But you are not happy unless I say”I Love You”
You never say it to me unless I say it first
So why are you complaining I am not the worst
When I say I love you, you always say “Me Too”
Is that you loving me or is that you loving you?
This blatant ambiguity is leaving me confused
And I’ll have to tell you my ego is often bruised
I didn’t think much about this love until the shake up
But I sure did enjoy those two nights of makeup
Was your mother not the loving kind but cold?
When you were hurting were you not consoled?
Or did your dad call you a princess and you believed
I do not like to guess or to have to preconceive
Maybe I’m not the type of man you require
Maybe you need a man who is a ball of fire
I love you as you are and I’m willing to endure

Until you believe I love you and are happy and secure

No comments:

Post a Comment