Friday, June 1, 2018

Not Forgotten© Tony Fallon 060118

Not Forgotten© Tony Fallon 060118

For ten days you've been gone yet your stuff is everywhere
I won't say what I found this morning underneath the chair
The first few text messages I sent you completely ignored
I know you are alive because it was changed to won’t record
I can’t get in touch with your parents you never left me their phone
And nobody with your surname ever heard of you in Bayonne
With all your stuff here I can't invite any other girl to my pad
I cannot invite my mother either and I cannot invite my dad
There are prescription in the cabinet some undies on the floor
And so much clothes in the closet I cannot open the door
There are hair pins and curlers hair dryers pony tails and wigs
And the bathroom wouldn't be dirtier if I invited in the pigs
I gathered up the high heels and pumps and a whole lot of pantyhose
I tried to put them all into a suitcase but I could not get it to close
The washing machine is filled with dirty clothes right to the rim
I have no place to put my sweaty clothes coming in from the gym
I have no idea where you put the extra sheets and pillow cases
And yesterday when I moved my toothbrush there were your braces
There are clothes in boxes in the attic in plastic bags under the bed
I’m afraid to look in the Garage I’m also afraid to look in the shed
You have enough cosmetics for all the waves in one battleship
And I didn’t know Chanel made so many shades of lipstick
You took all of your pens and pencils but you didn't take your pads
They were beside the coffee table when I invited in some lads
It's been a long time since I suffered so much abusive teasin'
I was asked to explain at work if I had those pads for a reason
To get rid of the aggravation I joked I had a problem with piles
Now two guys I want nothing to do with are giving me big smiles
There’s a big old IBM computer here when I plugged in it misfired
It says its Windows seven and the maintenance has long ago expired
Your car is still sitting in the driveway you didn't leave me the keys
The windows and top are covered with shit from birds in the trees
I don’t know how I’m to get rid of all this or if you are in jail
I don’t know whether to order a dumpster or have a garage sale


No comments:

Post a Comment