Monday, February 25, 2019

Dreams©2019TonyFallon0204

Dreams©2019TonyFallon0204
When I wake up in the morning memories flash in my mind
Of when I first left Ireland and the friends I left behind
As I've gone on life's journey great people have departed
Many of them have left me sad, for you I'm broken hearted
You were honest to a fault considerate and so kind
The beautiful things on this earth bring your image to my mind
I've see suns rise over mountains and set o'er many oceans
A swan flying at sunset bring back bittersweet emotions
When people climb their little mountain they are content
Others never try to reach the top and sadly lament
I had climbed my mountain already but I'd missed the view
And I knew it was not near as good before I met you


The pitter patter of the rain brings back memories of yore
And days we spent together on the Mayo and Sligo shore
I'd see a deer bound in a meadow and stay frozen in a leap
I see you dancing in my dreams both awake and asleep
When I hear the birds singing I'm reminded of your face
And the smiles of audiences when you sang Amazing Grace
You were so natural in your ways no ego or pretension
All wanted you to be a friend the center of attention
I see our lovely children just like you with many ambitions
They love the Irish music I think they will be musicians
Me, I'm always chasing rainbows and I will until I'm old
Maybe I'll catch a leprechaun and you'll be his pot of gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment