Thursday, February 28, 2019

Empty tomorrow ©2019TonyFallon0228


Empty tomorrow 
©2019TonyFallon0228
You know I have loved you for most of my life
At least since I can remember
Then I loved you more once you became my wife
That day long ago in September

Over the years we shared sorrow and delight
And our pains and aches
We were not angry when retiring at night
And we know we both made mistakes

People marry without many directions
Or a "How to do it book"
That would point out corrections
There are more details on how to be a cook

There's no quiz or interviews
A license for a few bucks is all you need 
It's easier to get than one for catching blues
There are no rules and regulations to read

How can a love that sizzled? 
And was so easy to maintain
suddenly have fizzled?
A love I thought would never wane

your coldness came so unexpected
No smiles and your eyes are not aglow
you seem so unconnected
Your heart could be empty tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment