Monday, February 25, 2019

The Ego of a Child©2019TonyFallon0207

The Ego of a Child©2019TonyFallon0207
A nun once told me that I thought I was great
I’d just written my first wild story I was only eight
Now is that the proper thing to say to an eight year old kid?
If I had known better I would have said it was my id
Of course what she was saying was that I was conceited
Going back to my desk I felt shaken and defeated
I seriously thought since I wrote it I deserved some praise
Jesus had four guys with notebook writing down every phrase
And you can’t say they weren’t conceited and very farsighted
Every word that Jesus said they had it legally copyrighted
I wonder if they were writing and missing prayers some nights
I wonder if before going to heaven he gave them publishing rights
I don’t know if even to this day from that shock I have fully recovered
And it doesn’t help at all that I have never been discovered.
It’s very scary for nuns to think of a youth with egotism
It’s not the student’s job to write wild stories just read the catechism

No comments:

Post a Comment