Monday, February 25, 2019

Old Age©2019TonyFallon0210

Old Age©2019TonyFallon0210
I just looked in the mirror yesterday and got an awful scare
The last time I looked I had twice as much hair
That time my now dull eyes were bright and shiny
And the big wart on my nose that time was tiny
My beard of course is longer because I do not shave
I haven’t been to the barber so my hair will not behave
Some of my teeth are missing gold and silver fillings
I would never go to the dentist I cannot stand the drillings
I saw my red and rosy cheeks’ are beginning to sag
I looked at my right eye again and I swear I saw a bag
I felt for the cute dimple I used to have in my chin
It is now covered with fat and leathery tough old skin
My once normal size nose suddenly seems to be growing
I have a lot of allergies it could be from all the blowing
My ears were the proper size and adequately held up my shades
Now they are so ugly I’ll have put up my hair in braids
I decide to check my arms instead of muscles now there’s fat
And my former bulging chest has now turned very flat
I picked up the barbell in the garage later trying to do a squat
Whatever muscles I have in my back turned into a knot
I was not a beef eater or beer drinker so I had no big beer belly
What once I could keep inside my pants has turned into jelly
I’m finally sagging and drooping this old age is really a farce
Thank God I didn’t have two mirrors I’m afraid to look at my (behind) (a**e)
The doctor said my once sleek sexy body is starting to decline
That I should pack in the job and get more sleep its time to resign
There’s no moral to this poem because I’m not a sage
But if there’s one thing to avoid in life I’d vote for old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment