Monday, February 25, 2019

The Odd Couple©2019TonyFallon0205

The Odd Couple©2019TonyFallon0205
They were as odd a couple as I've ever seen
She was happy and contented and he was just mean
Now I do not mean stingy I mean unhappy
Hot tempered and vile and his answers were snappy
In polite conversation he was always annoyed
He thought everybody hated him he was paranoid
He always was borrowing which he never returned
They say he stole the turf which in winter he burned
When the thrasher came in autumn he never appeared
When they were digging new graves he never volunteered
She said I will not be bossed I will not be controlled
There's work to be done and I will not nag you or scold
For most of his griping and moaning she did not reply
She had vegetables in the garden and pigs in the sty
He knew the pecking order and he always said” yes dear"
He was so lazy at the store he'd let her carry his beer
Yet for all of their differences the marriage survived
She was a conscientious worker and the little farm thrived
They have three lovely children who took after the mother
She's been putting on weight there might soon be another

No comments:

Post a Comment