Sunday, March 25, 2018

Breakup © Tony Fallon032418

Breakup © Tony Fallon032418

You are gone, gone, gone at last
And I admit that I am not sad
I am so glad that I finally asked
For you have the traits of a cad

For this I have patiently waited
It must have been more than a year
And you have finally vacated
Without as much as one tear

I didn’t want to hurt or even sound blunt
And thinking of your nasty wrath
I waited many months to confront
For fear you’d go on the warpath

I was expecting you to be rude
And was surprised at your sensible reply
In fact you were very subdued
I was expecting a punch in the eye

When you left it was heavily raining
With a forecast of even hail
I could tell your strength was waning
From the pain of your ingrown toenail

I celebrated as you hopped out of sight
I found the note an hour after you’d gone
I was expecting some sort of spite

You stuffed all of my clothes in the John

No comments:

Post a Comment