Saturday, March 3, 2018

The Super Bowl ©Tony Fallon 020418

The Super Bowl ©Tony Fallon 020418
It’s Super Sunday I must be getting ole
Because I was in America for every Super Bowl
The first one I remember was the New York Jets
Just after the World Series was won by the Mets
I remember clearly there was no civil breakdown
No one came out that night and burned the town
That is one American custom I never understood
When your team is champion burn the neighborhood
That could happen tonight in the town of Philly
But burning your own town seems kind of silly.
I hope the police there can keep a cap on trouble
Since Boston won last year and are looking for the double
This day is heavily advertised as the day of the drinker
And the game itself often turns out to be a real stinker
Often one team is inferior and so badly outclassed
Than even before half time some turn off the broadcast
But no matter how far Brady trails the game is never over
Just watch out for what he can do if he gets a turnover
Last year he was so far behind they thought he was mismatched
But you should never count chickens until they are hatched
All must be rehearsed all the planning done in advance
This may be your first and your only Super Bowl chance.
And if you are far ahead and you think it’s a gift from Santa
Just look what happened last year to the great lead of Atlanta
So I guess what it comes down to some team has to lose
It would be nice to have a new champion yet it’s Boston I choose

No comments:

Post a Comment