Saturday, March 3, 2018

The irony of it all © Tony Fallon 030318

The irony of it all © Tony Fallon 030318

I woke up this morning before I went to sleep
I had a very expensive breakfast that was cheap
I had a plate of cabbage and spuds before my cereal
The drapes were made of paper not curtain material
The dog lay stretched out purring in front of the fire
Even thought I’m telling the truth you think I’m a liar
I looked out the window to see who else were within
They were very quiet still making a bit of a din
I was always very obedient but I sometimes still defied
And even though I was humble I was still full of pride
People who liked me often were unreliable and unfair
They didn’t like my style but loved me being debonair
I ‘m always on the side of doves others say I’m like hawks
Oh such a very simple person yet can be like a paradox
I known everything except things that are unknown
Even when I’m all by myself I don’t feel alone
I really think that most of my enemies are friends
This poem is just beginning but sadly it now ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment