Saturday, March 10, 2018

Over © Tony Fallon 031018

Over © Tony Fallon 031018

The more I think about you the more I like my dog
The more I think about you, you were a demagogue
On the train last Saturday from Dublin up to Louth
You talked incessantly you never shut your mouth
Why don’t I do this why don’t I do that or thother
You do more nitpicking that a fifty year old mother
I get forty questions if I go drinking with the blokes
Every time I light up it’s when am I quitting the smokes
When ever I go out to practice with the hurling team
If I should be five minutes late all you do is scream
When we do go out you stick to me like adhesive tape
Or cling to me like a scared cat would to a bedroom drape
If the waitress should be pretty I have to beware
If she should smile you’ll say we are having an affair
But it’s ok for you to smile and flirt with all the other fellas
And If I should act uncomfortable I’m accused of being jealous
We have been a pair for a year we should be starting to thrive
But you act like a teenager and you are nearly twenty five
All your clothes and shoes go on my master card or amex
You keep all your wages and you want half all my checks
You say that’s to pay the utilities all the food and rent
I’m not happy with this set up but you seem quite content
When I come home I want to watch the news in my recliner
But you complain about your sad day you really are a whiner
When we were going out you did everything to attract
You were a completely different person or was that just an act
We’ve talked about you attitude and its worse by the week
Maybe you can’t help it you’ve inherited this mean streak
I don’t know why we teamed up or what was the allure?
But I’m glad that it is over you are far too immature.


No comments:

Post a Comment