Saturday, March 3, 2018

The Olympics 022618 (C) Tony Fallon

The Olympics 022618 (C) Tony Fallon

I checked with RWR to see if I needed a rhyme
I did for yesterday
So if I put it in today will it be in time
I always dreamed of competing in the Olympics
I was watching the curlers from Norway
That is such an amazing event
So absorbed I forgot to write a poem
I have four years to prepare
I think I could represent Ireland
I’ll train here in Cairo at the rink
My mother was a devil for clean floors
So I’ve been cleaning floors all my life
I think I can handle a broom
I just got to find out what the heck
They are doing
Still it can’t be that hard to learn
What have I got to lose?
I can’t look any more foolish than the others
Wouldn’t that be something?
A gold medal for Ireland in Curling

No comments:

Post a Comment