Saturday, February 24, 2018

OTB 021918 Tony Fallon

OTB 021918 Tony Fallon
OTB is Off Track Betting
Similar to a Turf Accountant.
A legal way to take your money
With no smile
Because
You bet on a machine
And you can watch on TV
I bought the morning paper
Planned my strategy
I would go there
For just the last three races
And I would play a pick 3
One horse per race
All must win.
In Ireland each race has a time
In America only the first
All the others just a number
So I guessed
Got there with two minutes to spare
Either I didn’t know what I was doing
Or the machine didn’t know
What I was trying to do
And the race went off
Without my bet
My choice stopped after the start
My lucky day
So I played the other two in a double
And like my poem of a few days ago
They both won.
Now lest you are thinking
That I’m going to the dogs
I mean horses.
I do plead guilty
I go to OTB at least
Three times
Every year.
I only bet $2 today
Made $25
Unless I get reckless
I should wind up ahead this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment