Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Girl in the Jeep © Tony Fallon022118

The Girl in the Jeep © Tony Fallon022118

I’m thinking about her and I can’t fall asleep
It doesn’t help a bit even if I count sheep
She is a cute red head and she drives a Jeep
She waves when she passes and gives me a beep
Two weeks ago she wandered into my store
I don’t think she had ever been in here before
She really looked elegant in the clothes she wore
And she needed a key for her garage door.
I asked about the jeep she said she also had a Cadillac
A nineteen sixty three convertible painted red and black
She said it only had three wheels the other was a jack
And on the windshield there was a big long crack
She said her parents as teenagers were very weird
Her father had long hair and a real hippy beard
They might also be smoking that’s what she feared
For that was many years before she first appeared
The story about her parents to me had no appeal
I was only interested in getting behind the Caddy wheel
I asked her very gently if her father might like to deal
And make me the proud owner of his automobile
She said he treated the car like it was nobility
To ask him to part with it was really futility
But she’d let me know of any possibility
Then she’d have a garage for her sports utility
I don’t care about the car it might be out of my price zone
Whenever I see her passing in the jeep I feel so alone
When she was here I didn’t even ask for her phone
Now I think of three Gaelic words ochone, ochone ochone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment