Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Robin © Tony Fallon 020618

The Robin © Tony Fallon 020618

If I saw a robin flying up here it would be something to behold
I don’t think I’ll see a robin flying up here because it is too cold.
But that got me wondering where could the robin possibly be?
In this weather he certainly couldn’t be in a bush or on a tree
He must have some decent shelter when weather is severe
Otherwise we would not see him in the springtime of the year
So I went to Google and was told they do and don’t migrate
Some said they leave their summer residences early or late
Others said they leave in late summer others said in early fall
Then some so called bird experts say they don’t leave at all
All those different answers felt to me like birdie fertilizer
About migrating habits of the robin I certainly was no wiser
Robins eat a lot of different fruits not found in frozen estates

So I’d bet my bottom dollar they fly off to southern states.

No comments:

Post a Comment