Tuesday, August 21, 2018

A Little Late©TonyFallon082018


A Little Late©TonyFallon082018

I once made a blind date and was supposed to be there at eight
But I stopped for a bunch of roses and a box of chocolate
As I came walking down the street I was just feeling great
But she went out with my brother so I was a little late

My older brother did things like that him I really hated
I often asked my mother if we were really related
Well I sat down on the front step and there I patiently waited
And what I planned to say it would not need to be translated

Another girl came out and asked if it was ok to remain
She said she understood what happened I had nothing to explain
She too had a sibling whom for her had nothing but distain
Who would not change her ways no matter how often she'd complain

I guess misery loves company and I got some warm feelings
We talked about everything I guess my heart was unfreezing
The longer we talked the less and less my heart was grieving
When I gave her the bunch of flowers she was really beaming

I took out on the town that night I guess that was our first date
And between us later we finished off the box of chocolate
Two weddings came out of that night but ours is really great
Whenever we all go out on weekends they are always late

No comments:

Post a Comment