Thursday, August 2, 2018

.Susan’s Challenge by Tony Fallon

Susan’s Challenge by Tony Fallon080218
The Last day I saw her it was very cold
I spent little money on her I was a miser
I wanted her in my family fold
I should not have let her go I should be wiser;
If we had donuts that day we could dunk
We spent some time rolling in the hay
And took pictures of her purple hair of punk
I begged her more than once to stay;
I prayed to God in his Heavenly height
Then the thunder started to roll
She said there’s remorse but no spite
I’ll come back before the Super bowl;
That Sunday you and I once more will cleave
But now you need time to clear your brain
You can hide in your hat but not your sleeve
If I’m going crazy my sanity I must try to maintain.

IN this poem Susan gave me a list of the last words
and a challenge to write a poem.
It was not easy but what ides it creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment