Friday, August 17, 2018

You©Tony Fallon 081718


You©Tony Fallon 081718

There is a hurt in the bottom of my heart almost every day
Whether I am in the Highlands or in Australia far away
I could be on a river bank or in the Lock Lomond Glen
Or be on London Bridge and hear the hourly pealing of Big Ben
I could be on the lonely Shannon banks of Lovely Lough Ree
A lonely swan swimming there brings a memory back to me
This is the hell I'm feeling this is the hell I'm going through
It would all be better tomorrow if only I am with you

I could be roaming in the gloaming or climbing up Slieve Bawn
Or listen to cuckoo's calling a few minutes after dawn
I could be on a mountain top after sleeping there all night
And watch the circling Aer Linus end the trans Atlantic flight
Out beyond Clew Bay fishing boats and trawlers are coming home
And on the beach below me see the crashing Atlantic foam
While all these things are beautiful and interesting to view
Neither one of them are even half as beautiful as you

I still remember where we met and  where we used to go
We both had simple beginnings we didn't need too much dough
They call me the simple nerd but you are a real brainiac
I could fix a computer but you could soup up a Pontiac
I could tour Dublin City and very soon have lifelong pals
Or take a guided gondola on Venice's love canals
I am sure in all those foreign travels I'd meet someone new
But I don't want someone else I just want to be back with you

I did not get good value on any continental trains
I do not understand the Germans, the Finnish or the Danes
When I went to Africa I could not get rid of this sorrow
Even when I went to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro
I've been once to Disney World and I've been twice to Disneyland
And I have gone to Sicily to see Mount Etna first hand
I think I have been everywhere and there's not much more to do
I wish when I was in all those places I was there with you

No comments:

Post a Comment