Friday, August 10, 2018

Antonyms © Tony Fallon 081018

Antonyms © Tony Fallon 081018

On this poem I started out with 27 sets .of Antonyms or opposites.
I used 13 I used the 13 at the end of every even numbered line and
Filled in the rest. A tough assignment if I say so myself.


John asked how much it would cost for a fence and gate
I told him two hundred was my EXACT ESTIMATE 
John said am I to assume that's just a layman's guess
If you do the job and its three I'll be in a FINE MESS
I could tell from his attitude me he was dismissing
Somehow my hard earned money would be FOUND MISSING
I said you don't expect me to do the work for free
If I don't get paid my pockets will be FULLY EMPTY
I said maybe if we changed the fence combination
By using plastic instead a GENUINE IMITATION
The plastic is not as durable that is my belief
If cattle broke in you would be saying GOOD GRIEF
You would be saying the job was cheap and crummy
And that I treated you like an INTELLIGENT DUMMY
I could tell by his unpleasant Facial expression 
That he was not a pupil of PASSIVE AGGRESSION
I said if you don't like my ideas try Mr Buckley
I could see the end result might be PRETTY UGLY
I did not need to work on his wire or plastic fence
Two or three is practically the SAME DIFFERENCE
I can walk away from this with my self esteem
I may be tempted to let off a SILENT SCREAM
I'm not sure he had cash he might have to borrow
And if he didn't payback it would be SWEET SORROW
I might have to send out my truck to have it seized
If that happened I would not be TERRIBLY PLEASED

No comments:

Post a Comment