Thursday, August 2, 2018

The mountain Romance © Tony Fallon072318.

The mountain Romance © Tony Fallon072318.

You live on Round Top Mountain I live down on the plain
I never get to see you Sally when (ever) there is rain
I do not have a bicycle let alone a motor car
When it's raining heavily I cannot walk so far
If I walk up it would be a river coming down
I might get swept away and I would surely drown

You said if I loved you I would make the trek
After putting on a rain coat and a turtleneck
You said  about the weather I complain and whine
Yet if I begin at seven I wouldn't be there by nine
Your father has a curfew I must be out by ten
To start my lonely journey down the mountain ( once) again

Although I love you dearly (Sally) that is just one hour
It often is a downpour not just a little shower
The last time I walked up I was soaked to the skin
You were in a bad mood (and)we did not engage in sin
To revive I spent over an hour in my own hot tub
I wish half way down the hill there was an Irish pub 

I've been drawing and painting since the day I could walk
And you know I am good I've even heard your mother talk
When it comes to education I am not the smartest
I have one pair of shoes I'm a real starving artist
I'm painting so much day and night I hardly get to snooze
And if I keep walking nightly I'll wear out my (only) shoes

Your father has five cars and you know my zip code
And you could at least drive me to or from my abode
Your father doesn't like me I am not a rich dude
But I treat you like a Queen and I am never rude
You know that if you love me I will never cheat
But I must sell some picture s to get (shoes) on my feet

Going up and down to you is not a boost to my pride 
I often held my thumb up but never got a ride
When (some) drivers saw me I am sure they were spooked
But none ever stopped for me so I felt rebuked
I may have to reevaluate this stalemate (situation)Sally
And find a different girl friend down here in the valley



No comments:

Post a Comment