Wednesday, April 4, 2018

5 Little Poems © Tony Fallon 040418

5 Little Poems © Tony Fallon 040418

I never witnessed an earthquake or a volcanic eruption
One causes the earth to shake they both cause disruption

I was in Long Island’s hurricane and experienced the eye
That deadly silence tests the brain but the wind came back as high
The water flooded our little street but didn’t flood our cellar
But the bay and ocean they did meet I was one lucky feller

I never walked on an icy lake even though it was shallow
I was afraid the ice would break and I’d drown there in Ballagh
I’m very careful when I drive on roads that are very icy
Because I want to stay alive and new cars are so pricey

I never had a pint of ale some people say its tart
Others say it keeps them hale and is good for the heart

I’ve met people I have not respected other people I have just adored
The first bunch should be corrected or completely ignored
The others are the salt of the earth the kind their last penny they would lend
Who fill your daily life with love and mirth your one true, forever friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment