Monday, April 9, 2018

Star Dust.040918© Tony Fallon.

Star Dust.040918© Tony Fallon.

About ten hours ago I thought I saw falling snow
In the garden right behind my little bungalow
It seemed unusual like a circle on the ground
And in the very middle was a mid sized mound
It seemed so prefect like it had been pored
Was this some kind of manna from the Lord?
There was an odor in the air like incense
To check this out was only commonsense
I picked up a handful with my right hand
It slipped through my fingers it was like sand
Coming through the skies it had been heated
There were blisters on my hand to be treated
I suddenly realized my burns were not so tragic
This was a fallen star in front of me which was magic
This dust in my garden which was so neatly strewn
Could have been a planet once far beyond the moon
They say my greatest longings now can come true
When it cools down I’ll throw star dust over you
I’ll never know why this distant star came apart
I hope it’s the dust that mends my broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment