Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Connemara Play.042617.

The Connemara Play.042617.


For the Spring Eileen is onto a play in Connemara
Because there is nothing happening in Lisdoonvarna
It’ll be heavy on clichés comedy and farming facts
It doesn’t have a name yet but it will only have three acts
She’s trying to get me over from America as an actor
Teaching a Connemara young one to drive a tractor
Sure I haven’t driven a tractor in over forty years
And this dam ould tractor has only two good gears
I forgot to ask her if one of those gears is a reverse
I don’t want to go to Commerara and wind up in a hearse
It probably has no brakes so I could also get drowned
And my body flow out into the Ocean and never be found
I might be better off trying to teach her donkey and cart
Eileen says I’ll never leave Connemara she’ll win my heart
I told Eileen that could very easily lead to a glitch
I don’t care if she’s young or old as long as she’s rich.
To go to Ireland soon I’m only looking for an excuse
So I better go to the union hall and pay my dues.

No comments:

Post a Comment