Sunday, April 22, 2018

The Cashier © Tony Fallon 042218.

The Cashier © Tony Fallon 042218

I got a precooked chicken that was cold and large
On the receipt I noticed there was an extra charge
When I questioned the extra I was told it was tax
I reminded her there was no tax on food packs

She said if I took the tax manual and looked
I’d see there was a tax on food that was precooked
I said look a little closer it’s on food that’s hot
This was cooked this morning and it’s not

I reminded her, the extra was also over eight percent
And instead of arguing she should refund and repent
I asked her the correct tax she didn’t have a clue
She couldn’t do the old math she couldn’t do the new

I often comment openly and I’m often hostile and mad
At people who are cashiers and can’t subtract or add.


No comments:

Post a Comment