Thursday, April 12, 2018

The Ballymurray Werewolf’s © 4041218 Tony Fallon

The Ballymurray Werewolf’s © 4041218 Tony Fallon

Don’t shout in the forest the werewolves are asleep
Don’t shout on the farm you’ll wake the sheep
I have never seen a werewolf I’ve been out ‘til dawn
But I know very well I should not upset Farmer John
He is a sight as he rides around on the old piebald
Making sure that his flock will never get mauled
He roams his fields at night with a double barrel gun
And any night he is tired he sends out his eldest son
They know the werewolves have a taste for Irish lamb
They can’t depend at all on the fourteen year old ram
John’s farm is next to the forest of mighty trees of ash
And he believes they could be on his sheep in a flash
As I said I never saw one but I think I heard them howl
I did hear some noise one night but maybe it was an owl
People tell John they are not evil just dogs gone wild
Others say they’re old Irish who by Cromwell were exiled
Still others say they are travelers who like mutton stew
In the daytime you’ll see tracks of fires if you pass through
No matter what’s inside the forest all will have to agree
Every year John loses a lamb sometimes two or three
There is no one would go in at night for a million pound

All the neighbors think inside there is only evil ground

No comments:

Post a Comment