Saturday, April 7, 2018

A day in the life.4718

A day in the life.4718
In 1978 I got involved in radio
A few years later NYS Motor Vehicles gave me a plate IRISH DJ
So I became a DJ too.
Playing at Parties Weddings and even Dances.
During the troubles in Ulster
Especially during the hunger strikes I was active
Talking almost every week about the conflict
I often interviewed the chaplain at H Block
Some people told me to be careful what I said
As my phone was probably tapped
One day I’m driving in heavy traffic
And I noticed a car behind me
I make a few turns it’s still there
I make two quick rights and a U-turn
He follows me into the street
I’m waiting for him with my window down
“Are you following me?” I ask
“I am” he said “are you really a Dee Jay?”
It was Thursday and a band had just cancelled for a Saturday wedding.
The wedding was at 2 o’clock and I was booked
So we had it at 7 O’clock and everybody had a ball.
Over the next ten years I got at least 7 parties a year
From that one wedding reception

Little do we know how things are going to turn out..

No comments:

Post a Comment