Friday, April 27, 2018

The Break up © Tony Fallon 042718

The Break up © Tony Fallon 042718

You mistook devotion for addiction and threw me by the curb 
And put a real ugly sign on the door "Please do not Disturb"
Between what is real and what you feel there is a big contrast
It's like you were to compare our own Dublin city with Belfast

We should have had a good old drawn out fight and behave civilized
You could have told me what I did and I would have apologized
When I went off to work this morning you were serene and cheery
You to change into such an evil thing so quickly is eerie

I was wondering why there was no answer any time I phoned
Now I am so happy the wedding day was so often postponed

For all the nice things I have done from you there is no gratitude
And since I happen to own the house I don't like your attitude
The man you swore you'd love forever and ever is now provoked
And when the police get here your invitation will be revoked


No comments:

Post a Comment