Monday, April 30, 2018

The Break up Part 2 043018

The Break up Part 2 043018


Just about a year ago when we first chanced to meet
I thought I had found someone to make my life complete
There were so many, many things we both liked and shared
To spend my life with you I certainly was prepared

But as the months went on I saw so many warning signs
When things don't fill your wants and needs you are the kind that whines
You constantly corrected my nouns and verbs and grammar
And I think that you're embarrassed with my little stammer

I do not know what happened or why you quickly flipped you lid
You still haven't told if it was something terrible that I did
It would have been better if you had exploded like a bomb
Instead of sitting there inside the window silent and calm.

You changed the lock last night on the door and me without a coat
But you are the one outdoors tonight and I don't want to gloat
To try to throw me out of my place you must be demented
You have no legal claim to it you do not even rent it

To find myself thrown out of my own house was a big surprise
I must be blinded by your beauty you opened up my eyes
You can sleep in the basement for a week do not talk or wave
Let this be a lesson for you and you'll learn how to behave.


This poem is a follow up to another poem of a few days ago entitled The Break Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment