Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Spring © Tony Fallon 043018

Spring © Tony Fallon 043018
It’s over a year ago since I remember spring
A young lad was in the park with a kite on a string
I said you go and get your brother’s fishing rod
And we’ll sent the kite up so high almost to God

He looked at me quizzically and asked “are you a nerd?”
I didn’t know a five year old would know such a word
He had that vacant look about him maybe he was ill
I wouldn’t be surprised if he was on some kind of pill

To stay anywhere near this wild lad could be a big mistake
So I walked on over to watch two loving swans on the lake
There were bunches of crocuses and a lot of daffodils
On the banks of the lake, fed by fresh water from the hills.

I saw a rabbit hop across the field followed by his pal
And two male thrushes fighting trying to impress some gal
The bee the bat the butterfly were nowhere to be seen
It rained the night before so the grass was getting green

There were pigeons cooing and there was at least one seagull
And a few pair of geese from Canada they probably were illegal
The weather certainly was better last year and not as severe
As the cold we’ve had already for four months of this year.
There is still great hope up here that the sun will reappear
And that we finally will get a spring before summer this year
With seeds I am waiting my bare garden to transform
I don’t need more cold weather just days that are warm.




No comments:

Post a Comment