Friday, May 18, 2018

Spring or Summer © Tony Fallon 051818

Spring or Summer © Tony Fallon 051818

Either spring or early summer is here at last
And the mean old cold winter has finally passed
Alas motor bikes are taken out of storage
And travel down the streets with far too much roreage
The first real hint were the crocuses showing
Then the grass and the ugly weeds started growing
Next there were so many flowers on the pear tree
Then I saw a butterfly and a buzzing bee
I checked my garden the turtle has laid her eggs
And I saw many girls on the street with bare legs
For the first time in years I saw swallows in flight
They must have returned I saw them again tonight
Birds are flying around with soft stuff in their beaks
They will produce their young chicks in two or three weeks
Next I got out the big spade to dig up the clay
And got the seedlings as well each on its own tray
Yearly as usual I sew some tomatoes
This year for fun I thought I would try potatoes
I still sew sunflowers for which I am renowned
Taller plants than mine in August can not be found
When they are all sown I will throw a tarp on top
Because a late white spring frost could kill all the crop
Ah we've come the full cycle and all is okay
Flowers blooming birds are singing and new mown hay


No comments:

Post a Comment