Wednesday, May 9, 2018

This Spring May 2017© Tony Fallon

This Spring May 2017© Tony Fallon

This spring in New York we've had snow and rain
Weeds and wildflowers and crocuses cover the terrain
The grass is getting longer and the tractor will not start
I've spent days working on it and it nearly broke my heart
Before I put the key in the ignition I put air in the tires
And used my compressor to blow dust off the wires
I checked all the belts and not even one was frayed
And because one was bent I changed the outside blade
I also checked for bare or worn wires in great detail
Making sure in the future the wires wouldn't spark or fail
I've changed the plug and cleaned out the carburetor
And I may have called it names that insulted my creator
I emptied out the tank no one can call me a miser
And filled it with high test gas then added stabilizer
I charged up the battery checked the points and coil
And when I pulled out the dipstick it says it's full of oil
I turned the key so often the battery did discharge
So now I'm using the one from my car which is large
When dealing with batteries you must use protections
And make sure the cables make the right connections
When using starting fluid great caution is required
I must have put too much in and the bloody thing backfired.
It only burned the hair on my hand and singed my shirt
I used no more starting fluid and from then on was alert
Well I gave up on the tractor and got my Weed Whacker
And cut an awful amount of grass by God it is no slacker,


No comments:

Post a Comment