Sunday, May 6, 2018

Feelings © Tony Fallon 050618

Feelings © Tony Fallon 050618

If I could put my feelings in a bottle and put the lid on tight
I think I’d be much better off in the future than I am tonight
How can my brain have feelings when my heart feels so forsaken?
Awake I do not want to go to sleep in the morning I dread to awaken

When I do wake up amidst bad feelings and depressing moods
I have no desire for companionship and no desires for foods
Only a few short months ago I was taking the world in stride
You were here then and all I had was love and happiness inside

 I could hide the bottle in the cabinet or the refrigerator
Then I could ignore the heart break and sorrow until much later
If the bottle should break from pressure all the shards would scatter
The feelings would escape and my heart would once more shatter

So if my feelings are outside my body my heart could then be thawed
And I could start to live normally like it was the middle of the road
And not be moping here at home in a life that’s almost monastic

And so there’s no broken glass on the floor use a bottle made of plastic

No comments:

Post a Comment