Thursday, May 10, 2018

Gambling © Tony Fallon 051018

Gambling © Tony Fallon 051018

I remember when you mentioned I could always depend on you for support
Well I bet on the Irish horse in the Derby and I'm a little bit short 
As one of the favorites he finished last I do not think he was tryin'
I wouldn’t ever expect that from a horse trained by Mister Aiden O'Brien

I went to Blauvelt one night last month for the monthly twenty five card drive
My partner was so inexperienced he thought the jack would beat the five
I should not have gone to Bingo last night and my luck was just pure wicked
I didn't win any of the regular games or on the jackpot ticket

Before I got home I spent my last twenty in a lottery vending machine
None of my numbers came out in the draw on the telly at eleven fifteen
I had tea bags and cereal at home because I can't afford a cup of tea
And I'll have to go to the local church at noon where I will get my lunch for free

I closed my savings account last week and the other one is overdrawn
My credit cards are all maxed out I have nothing valuable to pawn
If I had two hundred empty bottles there would be one thing guaranteed
To get rid of this empty feeling I'd be out there somewhere smoking weed


My brothers and sisters live far away and I have no money for transport
Many of my friend's phones are suddenly not working so you're my last resort
You know if you will come through this time I would never shrink my obligation
And when I become a lottery millionaire you'll get your compensationTop of Form





R

No comments:

Post a Comment