Monday, May 7, 2018

Teen age Romance © Tony Fallon 050718.

Teen age Romance © Tony Fallon 050718.

When I was a teenager I had so many crushes
If I mentioned all the names there would be many blushes
One day it was a redhead or the next day a blond
Many a one I had an eye on wound up across the pond
While some are now dead others are happily wed
So if I mentioned some names here I might wind up dead
There were beautiful girls in the convent of the Sacred Heart
But the nuns said stay away from boys if you are smart
Those were often stressful days of imagined romance
And the sinful “bad thoughts “going to a week end dance
With girls so conditioned before they came in the door
Many of us young fellows were afraid to cross the floor
I remember Peggy Boylan who married Paddy Dunne
And Mary Mc Cathy who went away and became a nun
Lorraine was a red head with freckles a real, real beauty
She was the shopkeeper daughter and a little bit snooty
 Me and all the others boys loved Mary Coffey’s figure
She fell in love with chocolate she’s two hundred pounds or bigger
I remember Mary fondly even though she was a tease
When she wore a mini skirt you could see way above her knees
To get us boys excited seemed to be a well thought out plan
And there was no better one than Mike Jones’s daughter Maryanne
All were hoping to take her home and at least being kissed
And the memories still linger of her out there doing the twist
The prettiest girl and the guy with a car quickly made connection
With a bicycle you had no chance if she livid in the other direction
If a girl was from your old school she expected a dance invitation
And even if either of you were shy you could have a conversation
That’s why neighbors fell for neighbors as at church they kneeled
And turned into great romances without going too far afield
When I think of me as a teenager and the girls that declined
I also remember fondly some very pretty girls I left behind
The real and imagine romances of my teens all came to naught

And I too had to cross the pond to New York before I got caught

No comments:

Post a Comment