Friday, May 18, 2018

Leaving © Tony Fallon051818

Leaving © Tony Fallon051818

You didn’t think that I would ever leave
It was way too much for you to believe
You probably won’t appreciate the note on the door
Because it was you who always left before
Well this time girl you’ve lost the gamble
I’m headed off for Phoenix just like Glen Campbell
The bus will surely get there long before dark
Phoenix is very good according to Roy Clarke
They say there’s work out there in Spokane
Or I could go to Kansas and become a Lineman
The few things I left you can throw in the trash
I didn’t take the CD’s I know you like Johnny Cash
I know you claim you’re his biggest fan
Pay special attention to “understand your man”
I don’t think you realized that we were through
But I must have been “Crazy for loving you”
The weather here is better I think I’ll like the clime

And “I’ll get over you”,’’ It’s just a matter of time”

No comments:

Post a Comment