Thursday, May 17, 2018

She’s Gone © Tony Fallon051718

She’s Gone © Tony Fallon051718

She came from the north in the year Oh fifteen
One of the prettiest girls I've ever seen
Her time was so short we agreed in advance
We could be friends but there would be no romance
She was here ten days and it would be stupid
To encourage the arrow man named cupid
Her questions and answers were always direct
She had a big spirit that could not be checked
Her size and shape made her look so athletic
Her effect on me was just pure magnetic
Our days together were filled with joy and mirth
I could follow her to the end of the earth
She taught me how to take on the world in stride
She aroused from me thoughts bottled up inside
She taught me how to have lots of self esteem
How to go out in the world and chase a dream
Her way of reasoning showed her special skills
The whole package just gave me so many thrills
She stayed twice as long as she had intended
If she had stayed longer that would be splendid
When she departed I was full of sorrow
But much better prepared to face the morrow
We promised our time would be truly enjoyed
But after letting go my heart was destroyed
This special time in my mind often replays
I wish I could return to those happy days
Does affection live in the heart or the soul?
Does lack of it exact a substantial toll?


No comments:

Post a Comment