Monday, October 8, 2018

100817The Lost Love © Tony Fallon


100817The Lost Love © Tony Fallon

The sun is shining outside but I feel so chilled
I am lost without your love and your affection
Being with such a beauty I was always thrilled
I never thought that I would have to face rejection

When you were with me I looked at you only
My attention was in no way disconnected
Now I can look at all the girls but I am so lonely
Me being here all alone is so unexpected

Friends knew us as a pair and being alone is tougher
Everybody asks about you and why you're not present 
When I tell them the truth I find that I secretly suffer
But I still try to act upbeat and try to be pleasant

But this awful feeling persists down in the pit of my soul
And my brain tells me something real precious is missing
No one understands my heartbreak enough to console
I miss those lovely blue eyes and your loving and kissing 

Once I had thoughts of love now all I have is apprehension
You do not think our great romance is worth supporting 
You say the thought of marriage causes too much tension
I wish you had expressed your fears before we started courting


No comments:

Post a Comment