Friday, October 5, 2018

Autumn Days © TonyFallon100518


Autumn Days © TonyFallon100518

The Autumn days are sure getting shorter
In the sky there's a sliver of a moon
It has gone from new moon to first quarter
A precise likeness reflects in the lagoon

I fondly remember nights just like this
Many long years ago here in County Clare
They sure were evenings of romance and bliss
We were young then without worry or care

We might be leading each other astray
But I admit I was badly smitten
Even though I was heading for the USA
And you would soon be heading to Britain

So we both put on our travelling shoes
And in a year came back on vacation
We both admitted to having the blues
And neither could stand the separation

My brother didn't want the land or cattle
He still is a great believer in space
He had a scholarship out in Seattle
And you and I wound up with the home place

I'm sure we missed excitement and tension
And with five healthy children we are blessed
And daily they got our full attention
So nobody here feels alone or depressed


No comments:

Post a Comment