Monday, October 22, 2018

Meeting on the Internet©TonyFallon102218


Meeting on the Internet©TonyFallon102218

The entire thing started on face book and I could not pretend
That I wasn't extremely happy you wanted to be my friend
I had seen you in the supermarket packing at great pace
Your little name tag said Rosy the same color as your face
I gave the bagger a dollar and asked if you were attached
He said I had better move my fat ass before you got snatched

So to accept your friend invitation was a welcome chore
Now I was off and running with one of my feet in the door
I'd have to be careful in pursuit and not be an annoyer
In case your father would call the cops and me having no lawyer
I couldn't hang around your work it was the store's regulations
But I found the baggers family were friends for generations 

A few more dollars changed hand and he became the gooseberry
And a blind date was arranged one Thursday night at the library
We talked about our likes and dislikes and you gave me you number
But you said romance took a second seat to adequate slumber
To graduate an A student from High school was your master plan
And if I could faithfully wait that long I would then be your man

That was no difficulty for me there was no one else in sight
And we talked for at least ten minutes on the phone every night
I volunteered to do shopping for everybody on the block
And I did all their shopping before you went home at eight o'clock
Your boss wasn't happy with me and was often in a sullen mood
But never said anything nasty I was selling bags of food

I was proudest at graduation you the Homecoming Queen
Magna Cum Laude the highest scores in the county of Greene
My welding job has no banking hours but I make a nice dollar
And you said you'd rather have me than a jerk with a white collar
There's a garden beside my cottage where we'll sit each afternoon
And admire the roses I have planted when they bloom every June

No comments:

Post a Comment